Thursday, January 3, 2013

Hungry Boy Casserole

Thursday (Januray/3/2013) Hungry Boy Casserole









I wasn't going to start this blog tonight. I was going to wait until next week but I just couldn't do it. I was far too excited! My husband and I love to cook, so it was only natural that we start a cooking blog. My husbands mother used to make this for him. I had never even heard of it until I met him, but I must say it's really good. So here is our hungry boy casserole, enjoy :)


1 1/2 lb. ground beef


1 cup chopped celery

1/2 cup chopped onion

1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper

1 garlic clove, minced

1 cup Ketchup

3/4 cup water
1 teaspoon paprika

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 (16-oz.) can baked beans

1 can Pillsbury biscuits 
_______________________________________


 Preheat oven to 425 degrees. 

In a 12 inch skillet combine ground beef, onions, celery, bell pepper, garlic. 
Cook until no longer pink, then drain. 
Back into skillet.. Add ketchup, salt, paprika, baked beans, simmer for 10 minutes, or longer if you'd like. 
Pour mixture into casserole dish, lay biscuits on top of mixture. 
Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes
(I just kept an eye on it, until the biscuits were done). 

Serve, and enjoy! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment